Saturday, August 27, 2011

An Abandoned Gem

 I finally have bought myself some quality glass- a 50 mm AF-S 1.8 Nikkor. Since it's a 'prime' lens (i.e., no zoom) it's quite inexpensive. Of course, expense is relative in terms of photography. I have put it on my camera and it will stay there while I figure out how to use it. I took it for a test drive last night. On my driving around back roads I found this abandoned home. I checked it out before I stopped to take photos because around here it's just a likely to be occupied.




2 comments:

  1. The Canon equivalent is one of my favourite lens, and spends a lot of time out of my kit bag. I find it excellent for inside work, portraits and events.

    I'm looking forward to see what you do with yours over the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to have fun with that lens. The image quality of these shots is markedly better than some from the kit lens you've been using.

    ReplyDelete